11/7/12

Language

My Finnish language course arrived yesterday. I ordered an 'easy' computer course to learn my first Finnish words and things. Excited! So yesterday evening I tried the first lessons. Learned some words, but I realized that I needed more 'support'.
So, of all words that were about things in my house, I made post-its and put them everywhere. My kitchen is a post-it artwork at the moment... And I think it works! I see words in the context where they belong.
So far, language hasn't been an issue or problem for us. All our communication is in English, and of course we know some sweet words to say to the love of our life in the other language. And yeah, this is a cliché, but we all speak the language of love! Our love is strong, we feel great and we have faith for our future together. In nine days we can feel eachother again, touch, hug, kiss, smell.... I can wait for it, because it's worth it. But imagine two excited and extremely happy girls in the arrival terminal at the Amsterdam airport next week, heading for their big love, hugging, kissing and holding hands. How nice. I can feel the butterflies when I write this..!

No comments:

Post a Comment