It’s freezing cold in The Netherlands. And for who doesn’t know: We are
crazy about speed skating on ice. So, this evening was the first
marathon on natural ice (we usually skate on artificial ice). I am a
marathon skater in a semi-professional team, so I have to race those
competitions. We have a competition every evening this week, starting
today. Big media exposure, radio channels broadcasting live, TV
registration (live as well), newspapers and so on. A big audience who
cheer in the corners, with orange Unox-hats on their heads. There is one
big issue for almost all the female-skaters. TIME. Only the men’s can
make a good living out of this sport, so we have to work during the day,
race in the evening and sleep (a lot) at night. Laundry? Not possible.
Cooking some dinner? Very hard. We have to go away from work earlier
than what’s actually allowed to be in time for the races. Not nice.
Conclusion…
DAMN… When do I talk with the love of my life who lives in Finland???
After all, this speed skating circus is amazing to be a part of. I
wouldn’t miss it. But it’s so hard to just accept that there is not
enough time to talk to my girl these days…
No comments:
Post a Comment