1/5/13

Long time no see...

I got back home in The Netherlands yesterday. Last week I've been in Helsinki together with my amazing girlfriend! We did a lot of things, so there was no time to write any blog post here to inform you about our busy, busy life. So, here the day-to-day report:

Dec 30th, Sunday: I'm taking the train to Amsterdam Airport. My mum joins me, really nice! My Finnair flight leaves around 11am. Around 3pm I hold my girl in my arms again. Most happy moment in three weeks! We take a bus home. My love makes me a delicious Finnish salmon soup and we watch the Monsters Inc. movie. Great evening!

Dec 31st, Monday: This morning we go to the gym. Take a cycling lesson, spinning. Really awesome to do sports together! After gym we go home, have lunch and then we go to see a friend. The friend has a car, and together we go to IKEA and some other furniture and design shops. We make plans to have dinner together in the evening and have a nice New Year-party. Great plans! After dinner we play some music and do a little tin-in-cold-water-prophecy for 2013. Just before midnight, we walk into the city center to enjoy the athmosphere and see fireworks. We pop the champagne and together with two other girls we celebrate New Year! After this we walk back and join a cosy party at an other friends' place.

Jan 1st, Tuesday: We are awake pretty late. Breakfast becomes a late lunch. After that we take the train to central station to pick up my girlfriend's dad and his partner. I meet them for the first time! Really nice to get to know my girl's closest family, I already heard a lot of things about them of course. We enjoy a great dinner together at a fine restaurant. After dinner we walk my girlfriend's parents to their sleeping address, we visit the girl we went shopping with yesterday and then we take a bus home. Tomorrow we have to get up very early, we are taking the ferry to Tallinn (Estonia).

Jan 2nd, Wednesday: Getting up at 6am, taking the train to central station, and then a tram to the harbour where our Eckerö-ferry waits us. We go visit Tallinn today. On the two-hour boat trip we have a lot of time to talk, and my girl's family get to know me better and I learn a lot about them. In Tallinn we visit the old city centre, do some cheap shopping and then we go back to the ferry. At 6:30pm we are back in Helsinki. Time to go home and take a rest.

Jan 3rd, Thursday: A Karelian-pie breakfast starts our day. But waking up every day together is the best thing we have. Amazing! When I open my eyes in the morning and I look to my side and see this beautiful Finnish girl next to me I feel so happy. I'm the luckiest person in the world! After breakfast we go to visit my girl's office and Helsinki-center. Marimekko, Stockmann, Cafe Esplanad... We take it pretty Finnish this afternoon! Except for our early dinner... Sushiiii! At 6pm it's time to go home. I have a speed skating training at the Helsinki Speed Skating Club. Excited to go, because if I move to my girl next year, I will be skate here many, many times. Yeah! The skating was great. Outdoors, little snowflakes falling down, great skaters to train with and my girl next to the track watching me. Couldn't be any better! After training we take a hot chocolate at home and then it's time to go to sleep. Our last night together. I have to go home next morning.

Jan 4th, Friday: Wake up at 5am. Damn, so early. And yeah... time to go back home to The Netherlands. These last mornings are the worst. I hate them. We take breakfast at the airport. At the goodbye-moment, my love is so sweet to wish me a good work trip... I will be home again in 34 days, hihi!

It were busy days. We did a lot of things, I met the family and friends that are important to the love of my life, and we got closer and closer. Of course we talked a lot, and we noticed that we are not only lovers or just girlfriends anymore... we grew into a real couple! It even felt amazing to do our own things in the same space, and we enjoy the feeling of just being together and do nothing at all. And we sort of practiced how it would be like to live together in 'our' house, go to gym together and share our lives. I love her so much, I can't tell... there are no words for that. Only a lot of strong and above all, happy feelings which can not be described. I am more sure (I was surprised by myself that I can be more sure than I already was) about sharing my life together with the one and only love of my life. Thanks my love!

33 lonely sleeps and 'empty' days to go. The longest time so far that we are not meeting up. Let's see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment