12/24/12

Christmas traditions

This Christmas, we are not together. My Finnish girlfriend traveled five hours up north from Helsinki to her family, I drove to my homeplace too. Both families have different X-mas traditions. It's very nice these days to share the things we do with eachother, we learn a lot about both our families. We get to know our girlfriend better as well. And... last but not least, its only six nights of sleep until we will be reunited!
First we have some more traditions to share: Right now, as we speak, my girl is enjoying a Finnish sauna with her family, while I am watching the last hours of 3FM Serious Request. This afternoon I will bake 'kniepertjes' (very thin waffles) with my grandma, while my girlfriend is going to have a nice dinner and get some Christmas gifts. Here in The Netherlands we are not so much into gifts for Christmas, we already had Sinterklaas on the 5th of December. .... So, a lot to learn and compare. I suggest we take the best of both to our own Christmasses and Sinterklaas-celebrations next years!

No comments:

Post a Comment