10/14/12

I'm not a tourist

Before this 'adventure´, The Netherlands was only Amsterdam for me and I think that it will be for you too. Amsterdam is a very nice city. It is versatile, beautiful and open-minded. Amsterdam is the best city to do some shopping and enjoy a nice relaxed weekend holiday. But The Netherlands is more then Amsterdam only.
This is the third time at the Netherlands for me, and my role has changed. Before I was only a tourist but nowadays I'm a girlfriend and try to understand the habits and culture. Maybe I can a get little bit better view of the Dutch people, their culture and everydays life. I have faced some differences about our acting and habits. These are not big ones or problems to us, but it is nice to notice that there are some.


  • The Dutch people use shoes inside house, Finnish don't.
  • The bread is good for everything, every way, everywhere and everytime. They only laught to my porridge and cottage cheese. Luckily they understand quark.
  • They really use clogs. I thought that these are only souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment