I am a singer-songwriter. The girl with the guitar. My Finnish girl loves it when I sing her a song. Usually, when I try to 'build' a new song, my dad writes the lyrics (I think he's pretty good at it) and I convert the lyrics to fit the melody. Yesterday, my dad sent me an e-mail. He wrote new lyrics for a song.
When I read them for the first time, I was really surprised in some way, the words struck me! Here they are:
(translated from Dutch)
That day, when I saw you there
That day, your eyes, your smile
That day, I remember everything
That day, I still think about it all the time
That day, my northern-lights-gift
That day, I never will forget
It's like that day stays forever in my mind
The sun shined and I was so much in love
Yeah, that's love how it's supposed to be
Feels incredibly good, so incredibly good
That day, I looked in your eyes
That day, I feel it everytime
That day, everything was so pretty
That day, we sat in the park
That day, it was our first kiss
That day, I want to do it all again
And I think, why does everything happen this way
Maybe it's supposed to be like this
Yeah, that's love how it's supposed to be
Feels incredibly good, so incredibly good
No comments:
Post a Comment