Today
I had a very nice brunch with my friends. It was great to see these friends after a long time.
Of course they wanted to hear everything about my Dutch girl. They were very
happy for me and us. They said that I glow because I am so happy! After brunch we went
to an interior design shop. There was a nice poster, which presented a map of
The Netherlands. I decided to buy the poster to hang it on my wall. The salesman asked if I have
some connection to The Netherlands. I told that my partner lives there.
He told me
that he knows many couples from which the woman is from Finland and the man is Dutch.
Then we talked about how the Finnish and Dutch people are. We have same kind of
humor and we appreciate the same things and values. We chatted for a while and
then he asked if my Dutch man is two meters tall. I was
confused and I only answered… Yes. My friends laughed at me. Of course my
partner is a girl! It was a really strange situation. I thought that the salesman
understood that I have a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. But where would he have understood
that from? In the Finnish language, there is no difference about the word 'she' or 'he'. Nobody
can understand from your words if she/he is a girl or boy. That is quite nice,
usually...
No comments:
Post a Comment